Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Watoto Church

It is Sunday July 4th. I want to go to a church very close by but do not want to go alone so I ask who is attending church in the morning. I remember praying with our assitant director, Danielle, earlier this week and ask her which church she is planning to attend. She tells me Watoto and that it is only about a 10 minute walk from our house. I am excited to go and have no idea what to expect.

Once we get to the church it is packed! The ushers find me a seat. Worship is in full swing and they are singing a song in Luo. People are in their Sunday best jumping up and down and sweating! It is hot!! The next song comes on and I am flabbergasted, it is a Hillsong song!! in English!! One of my favorites! I sign along. As worship continues it is like I am back at my christian club in high school. There are many songs that are familiar. There is a collection and the sermon begins. The pastor opens with Isaiah 61:1-4. “ The Spirit of the Lord is upon me!...” He continues on and starts to speak about finding freedom, healing and deliverance in Christ. I am bawling. This is exactly what I have been studying this week during my quiet times. I am doing the Beth Moore study “Breaking Free” and wanted confirmation that I should be doing this study. I know that Watoto will be my home church while in Gulu and I will be joining a cell group close by to our home that is lead by the pastor! I am excited to see what new revelations this church will bring for me!!! One of the other teachers was also very moved by the service. I am excited to see what relationship God wants to develop between the two of us.


Tomorrow is our first “work day.” I am so excited to get to school tomorrow and find out my schedule so I can begin planning and working with students!!!!!!

p.s. I get to take a shower tomorrow, thank God because I feel so dirty! These baby wipes are not cutting through the red dirt. I use like 10 a day!

p.p.s. Check it out: http://www.watotochurch.org/

3 comments:

  1. So happy you found a great church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome experience at church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love how the Father answered your questions and your prayers?

    ReplyDelete