Monday, July 26, 2010

Circle of Life - Safari weekend

Last year I was deathly ill during our Safari weekend. I was so excited not to be this year. Our river safari was met with tons and tons of hippos and many a croc with his mouth open. It was a great time all around. Our land safari was also great and exciting but we didn't get to see a pride of lions this year :(

Upon return to Gulu, I was supposed to meet with my teacher to do planning but he had some horrible news over the weekend, his cousin had died suddenly. She was only 26 years old, she had three children, she feel ill on the 21st and died on Saturday the 24th. Otim had grown up with her and they were very close. He is assuming a lot of the financial responsbility on behalf of his family. We will not be in class tomorrow. I do not know what this week will look like.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you got to go on safari this year. I pray for Otim's comfort, comfort for his cousin's children and God's supernatural provision for the entire family.

    ReplyDelete