Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 4: Saturday June 26th: Packing and Flying

Day 4: Saturday June 26th
Packing and Flying

Well maybe I was not completely packed! Today Michelle came in from San Diego and the most wonderful of friends helped me to get her from the airport. Michelle is a fellow American teacher who I worked with last summer in Uganda. This is also her Uganda...Take Two!

Michelle and I had a great lunch reunion with Brit. (Brit is another American teacher who was with us last year but who is currently in a “family way” so is not returning.) It was great sharing our favorite Uganda stories, what we missed the most, what we missed the least; it was a great moment of connection for all of us.

If Uganda taught me anything it is the invaluable experience of sharing your life. There is nothing quite like sitting down, sharing a meal and listening. Seeing Michelle is making the experience much more real.

We head out to the airport and meet the other teachers on this adventure. Some are familiar and others are new faces. I look forward to getting to know their stories. Leg 1: Fly NYC to London: 7 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment