Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The countdown begins....3 days before liftoff

What can I say? Endings are beginnings and new beginnings usually signal the death of the past.

As a teacher I have reached another ending, another school year drawing to a close. Our school graduated our 8th graders on Monday. It was a marvelous affair filled with music, tears, laughter but overwhelming LOVE! It helped me to refocus on why I worked soooo hard this year. It was a wonderful ending.

As I prepare to leave for Uganda again this summer I hope to be more communicative. I don't have much of a record of last summer. I didn't keep a journal, I didn't take photos or videos. I have always tried to live my life at a distance but I've come to an age where I cannot continue thus anymore.

This summer my goal is to stay in touch with all of you through my words on this blog. Hold me accountable to posting at least once a week. Write comments when I don't . Call me out on my bull. I beg of you. Help me grow.

So it begins....I am preparing and packing... 3 more days to go before Uganda Take Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment